Spring has sprung on runways and the new trends for spring aren’t just for your clothes … you can also incorporate them into your make up and body care routine.
The most popular color and the “it” color for spring 2012 is Tangerine Tango, AKA Pantone #17-1463 (for all of you color junkies out there).
The “spirited reddish-orange” hue was dubbed the color of the year by the Pantone Color Institute, which singles out one color expected to have a bold impact on fashion and home decor for the next 12 months. Tangerine Tango offers “the energy boost we need to recharge and move forward” according to Pantone’s statement.
Here are some tips to incorporating this color into your cosmetic bag!
- Pair a red-orange lipstick or lip-stain with neutral eyes and a little bronzer on your cheekbones.
- Trade in your classic black or brown eye liner for a bold orange eye-crayon. Pair it with nude lips and don’t be afraid to add extra coats of mascara which will help the eye crayon pop.
- Try a tangerine manicure. Wear it alone or pair it with nail art. Geometric prints are big this spring, and this goes for nails as well. Orly’s “Truly Tangerine”polish that will bring shine to your fingers and toes!
- The key to pulling off bright makeup is to focus only on one area of the face. If you want to focus on the eyes, keep the lips simple, and vice versa.
- And if you aren’t into showing off the tangerine, you can still bring the aroma of tangerine along with you. Essie’s “Cranberry & Tangerine Smoothie” will soothe and hydrate the skin for silky softness to start the spring season off with plenty of sweet aromas! Or even try taking an uplifting aromatherapy bath with Pevonia’s organic tangerine essential oil.
Although there are some signs of spring, it’s still a little too early to bring out your favorite sundresses and shorts. However, it’s never too early to start experimenting and shopping for new trends and styles.
Adding a little tangerine to your style regimen is a great way to give stuffy fall wardrobes a breath of fresh air, and by the time spring rolls around you will have mastered your new spring/summer look. As always, be sure to visit the Spa.ology Store for these and other tangerine hints.
Spa.ology … all things SPA for you at HOME!
Source: Jimena Herrero, www.utahstatesman.com